Isabella is enjoying coming to our bed at 4am every morning "for a cuddle" so we're reduced to 30cm each on either side of a king sized bed. I'm hopeless at saying no as she pulls the heartstrings "I just want a cuddle Mammy!". At 4am its so much easier to just let her in. Little wagon.
I'm feeling fine now - I've no real symptoms yet except being exhausted and a bad dose of BO, despite showering twice a day. I'm still doing HPTs too - gotta cut that out. I've done about 5 now. Only for the fact that they are only €5 for two in Tesco, I'd have stopped ages ago. I think that as I wont be having a scan for a while, I'm entitled to test. So there. I have one Clearblue Digital left that will tell me how far along I am so I think I'll do that test tomorrow and hope it gives me a "2-3wks".
I'm also going through insulin at a furious rate. I went to the chemist today and came out with 2 enormous bags of supplies. 4 boxes of 10 Cannula sets, 6 vials of insulin, 3 boxes of 5 cartridges, 9 boxes of test strips, 5mg Folic Acid and 75mg Aspirin. Price = €0. Thank god! I don't know how my fellow US diabetics handle having to pay for everything.
The Technical stuff.
My BS levels have been great during the day as I've tweaked my ratios (amount of insulin needed per gram of carb consumed). My only issue is my ever climbing overnight basal requirement. Just as I win, the damn thing goes up again. I set a 110% TBR last night but I was still high this morning. I also tested at 3am and was a respectable 6.1 so its the 2am - 7am levels that have to be addressed. I'm avoiding testing every hour as I've been so tired but I might have to tonight. As I'm starting to feel hyper around a 9, I'm feeling particularly rough when I wake after a few hours at 10 or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment