About Me

My photo
This time its going to be different...

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Almost human. 10wks.

Sorry I've not been on in an age. I've been floored with a rotten rotten cold and have been more than miserable. I smelt for the first time in about 4 days, unfortunately it was one of the Bessies little parcels - ugh.  

SO, I finally got over the hump of my cold by taking the maximum dose of paracetamol (in tablet and Lemsip form), heaps of Olbas Oil, steaming my head and eventually gave in and took a Piriton (anti-histamine). Piriton makes me drowsy so I crawled into bed in the spare room at 10pm and slept for 12 straight hours. The difference the next morning was unreal. I felt almost alive! However, because I couldnt get any accurate information on decongestants in pregnancy and the risks involved and therefore didnt take one, I now have an ear infection. I'm at the GP tomorrow morning and will probably need antibiotics. That really REALLY infuriates me because i'm pretty sure that a course of AB's are a lot more dangerous than a couple of sudafed. I also know that AB's are going to destroy my diabetes control and I could really do with some luck in that area. I'm going to take another Piriton tonight and hopefully get over the hump of the chestyness I have now. Sleep is such a curative thing for me.

Nothing much really to report unfortunately - I'm really trying to hide my bump now but its not working.  Asking my friends, i think for the most part its because of my section.  My figure had mostly returned after Isabella but I never lost the little roll of fat under my bellybutton which is common after a CS.  That seems to have hugely swelled now and general bloatedness is making me look huge.  

I have an appointment on the 5th for my first trimester tests.  Here is the information if anyone is interested.  http://www.rcsiwomenshealth.com/Patients/Patient_Services_-_Obstetrics_/First_Trimester_Screening/index.asp   Its just a scan and a blood test and Gordon is coming with me so I'm not nervous or anything. Looking forward to getting another scan and seeing my bean. I'll be 11+4 then so I might tell everyone after I get the results of that. Mam and Dad are having a little Christmas on the 11th so I might tell Isabella before then and let her tell her little cousins.  I'd love to video telling her - she can be such a sweet little thing that I'd love to have it to show her sibling in years to come.

I dont think I've anything else to whinge about. Oh, despite explaining over and over to the Rotunda why I was going public this time and not private, I was still put on my ex-consultants team. I rang and asked to change but the thundering bitch on the other end of the phone told me that I had no choice now that I was public. 

I'm also a bit nervous cos I met a midwife from Holles Street National Maternity Hospital a few days ago (socially) and she spent a good 20 mins going on about how you are much more likely to have problems delivering if you are a public patient. You dont get the same level of care. I was stunned she would say that, regardless of it being true.

I've gotten all my appointments for my 20wk and 24wk scan and they'll be very thorough because of the high-riskness. I'm going to ask for some very detailed placental scans and growth scans as they can be good early indications of pre-eclampsia.  Although they still cant control or prevent PET, knowledge is power and after last time, I want to prepare myself as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment