Just a short post today. I'm still sick and therefore ferociously grumpy. Gordon is having to do most of the housework and I can just about manage to cook a dinner. The main cold is gone but I'm left with awful sinus, absolute exhaustion and a constant headache. I'm off all the meds now with the exception of paracetamol. This, if nothing else, means that previously perfectly rational people aren't inexplicably judging me for taking medications prescribed by my GP.
I've also admitted that I have nausea. That took 3 weeks to accept it wasn't my cold or constipation or the rare glass of wine or whatever. Its awful crippling exhausting nausea, starting almost on the dot of 10 past 4 in the afternoon. Its such that I dont actually vomit or wretch but I spend the whole evening on the verge of it. Eating a bigger lunch and a smaller dinner has helped, as has NuxVom, the homoeopathic remedy. Also, the Mammy recommended Soda Water which gives me big satisfying burps LOL!!
Isabella is surpassing herself with tantrums and general pain-in-the-ass-ness but I'm hoping that Gordon and I can knock that on the head in the next few days with a reward chart and the threat of Santa not coming etc. December can be handy for that.
One very nice thing was my Friday afternoon. I went to my friend Wendy's house with Isabella for a playdate with her son daniel She always cheers me up without seemingly trying very hard? Dont we all have one of those perfect mates, the never-judging, never hyper or over-dramatic, never miserable or gloating friends?? Life never sucks or shines - it just ticks over nicely. We can sit and whine and batter out issues and come away feeling like everything got sorted out without breaking anyones heart. I'm very lucky to have a couple of those pals. Its my December resolution to spend more time with those people. Thanks Wendy.
The Technical Stuff
All was doing fine until yesterday when suddenly my insulin requirement seems to have dropped significantly. I was on target all of yesterday until bedtime. I was 4.7 and then hit 3.3 about 8 minutes later. I inhaled toast and lucozade but still suffered another horrid 2.7 at 5am. This woke Gordon as I was incoherent. He didnt get back to sleep so ended up going to work at about 7am. Feeling particularly guilty about that. I then did a TBR of -20% leaving me at 10.2 this morning. Argh. ARGH!! I was still so shattered that I went back to bed only to have another 2.7 at 1pm. I feel like I've been hit by a truck now. Back to the drawing board tonight with my diary and pen. Eugenie - you might be doing numbers with me yet!!
No comments:
Post a Comment