SO after all of yesterdays panics and anxiety, I've made some steps to sort stuff out. I had a long great chat with my GP. I wont be getting the diabetologist as my Obstetrician - woohooo! I will be assigned a high-risk consultant and team but it will be related to my "high-riskness" and not just my diabetes. YAY! This has meant that last night I slept a full whopping 8 hours, not a bother on me. My anxiety is all gone, I cant verbalise any new fears and I'm handling all the expected ones. My GP has been in touch with the psychiatrist already for me and he is going to see me really soon into my appointments and will help me work through issues. I really liked this Dr last time (Dr Sheehan), he was direct, fair, honest and didn't speak to me like I was stupid. Between him and the new Master in there, I'm feeling a lot more confident.
I'm a bit disappointed tho that Gordon will be away in South America from Monday 14th November until Sunday 20th. It is assumed that I will be having my first appointment at some stage during this week. Mam has said she'll come with me but I'm sad that Gordon will miss my first scan. As a result, we've decided to have a private reassurance scan next Monday. Its only costing €99 and its going to give peace of mind, check my dates and give Gordon a chance to be part of the first stages of this journey. Very excited.
The Technical Stuff
All good still - I was 5.3 before dinner last night and after a very bold Chinese takeout, I managed to get a 5.8 afterwards. I was over the moon. 6.1 going to bed but I'll need to, once again, raise my overnight basals as I was 7.2 upon waking. Did a quick bolus and was down to 4.8 by the time I had my breakfast.
Weird tho - how are there carbohydrates in scrambled eggs and bacon?? I had a "carb free" morning and weirdly tested an 11.1 90 mins later. I think my next carbfree morning will have to be foodfree too. Ugh. It was very very yummy tho!!
No comments:
Post a Comment