Ugh. I have a cold. And I'm going to wallow. A LOT.
My nose is running.
- If I dont sniff, my nose tickles and I sneeze.
- If I sneeze, I feel sick and dizzy.
- If I do sniff, I get a pain in my head.
- If I blow my nose, I go dizzy and my head pounds for about 3 minutes.
- If I dont blow, my nose runs.
And no, there is nothing I can take apart from paracetemol. Paracetemol sucks.
I'm also taking silver and echinacea and vitamin C and ginseng and Nettle Tea as a decongestant but I think I'd actually sell my soul for a sudafed and some codiene.
Had an ok week. Gordon was in Puerto Rico and Mammy was my saviour (whats new). She came over on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night meaning I got full nights sleep. I went to Ballsbridge on Thursday night with Isabella and Oisin came here to mind the Boo. Mammy picked us up some Mousaka and Bread and Butter pudding and I ate my head off. I also got a nice long lie-in. That meant I got some vital housework done before a rotten nights sleep Friday and 3 hypos in a row on Saturday morning wiped me out again. I'm reaching the real tip of the exhaustion scale now. I'm literally aching in my bones for sleep all the time.
I think cos Gordon was away and then Isabella got a rotten cold, I didnt sleep great at all. He came home early on Sunday and I got a couple of extra hours sleep but I still feel drained.
Anyways - because of my cold, my sugars have gone nuts. I had a 2.4 Hypo on Wednesday morning which wiped the floor with me. I was shivering and shaking for the rest of the day and was just bloody miserable. I was also high until bedtime which then gave me a sweet dose of cystitis. Lovely. I was out most of Thursday and managed fine but then battled a persistent high on Saturday, my pre-meal levels were all crap which is unusual for me. I did a good bit of cooking and Mammy and I had a great meal on Saturday night while watching Paul (superb movie). Post meal, I scoffed a heap of lovely fresh fruit, Mango Melon pineapple grapes and was rewarded with another huge hypo. Argh - I give up.
Isabellas cough got particularly bad on Saturday night and she coughed all night and all day yesterday. I was all set to bring her to A&E for an X-Ray today but she slept 11 hours last night and coughed maybe 3 times. Not a bother on her this morning apart from a runny nose and a rotten mood. Happy for her - unimpressed at my ability to fight off her germs tho!
The Technical Stuff
I got my results back from the hospital and although the nurse was pleased, I'm not really. My Hba1c is 6.9% but she said that my hormones could have sent that high. However, my fructosamine is 305 which she said is excellent and is a much better indicator of how my sugars are. I'm happy with that and am very glad that I'm not having another test for a few weeks.
Thursday November 17th.
Last Thursday was World Prematurity Day. Its a poignant day for a lot of us as it gives us one day to remember and consider the prematurity of our little miracles without it overshadowing their birthday. I started the day with a lovely fund-raising coffee morning in my pal Tracey's house. Her daughter Sadhbh was born 12 days after Isabella at the same gestation and weight. They were "roomies" until Isabellas discharge aged 51 days and we've stayed in touch since. Later on, we met up in the Pillar Room of the Rotunda at the launch of "Tiny Footprints", a record of the journey of 80 families whose babies were born prematurely. Tracey and I got cornered by the only NICU nurse we really didn't like. The girls played happily together and Tracey and I stuffed our faces with tiny cupcakes and giggled like girls at the antics of our monsters. It was lovely to see her and see all the other children there that had had the same difficult and unsure start in life. Judging by the noise and mess level, there were few who hadnt come out of their NICU stays "unscathed".
Here are the two girls looking somewhat different from the first time they met.
No comments:
Post a Comment